The Trading On Scheme (https://dsg.uk.com/liverpool-city-councils-new-trading-on-grant-scheme/ ) that originally opened in October, designed to support SMEs affected by COVID-19, is being extended and another £8.1m has been allocated to the programme.
Applications re-opened on Monday 29 November 2021 at 10.00 am and will close 5.00 pm Friday 10 December 2021. If your business has already applied and is being appraised, you do not need to reapply.
The £8.1m has been divided between the Local Authorities to support small and medium-sized businesses and charities around Liverpool. This additional funding was secured by the Liverpool City Region after it successfully distributed more than £44m of Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) to businesses across the city region.
Each local borough is running its own application and approval process.
Businesses and charities that meet all the following criteria can apply:
- Can accept the grant under Subsidy Control/State Aid rules.
- Is viable and trading on or before 1st April 2021.
- Employ globally between 10 and 249 Full Time Equivalents (FTE) working at least 35 hours per week and are on payroll (sub-contracted staff are not counted towards the headcount).
- Is based and has commercial property-related costs in Liverpool and can evidence 2021 annual rental costs including service charges and annual business rates (where applicable).
- Must demonstrate the business has been severely impacted as a result Covid-19. You must provide proof, for example, loss of turnover or income. A suitably qualified accountant must also verify this loss by completing the accountant’s letter template (see ‘before you apply’).
Apply for the Trading On Scheme here: Liverpool City Region Trading On Scheme – Liverpool City Council